In the Children’s Room, you can find:
- books & graphic novels, audiobooks/Playaways, DVDs & Blu-Rays for children ages birth through approximately age 11
- a baby/toddler play area (seating available, toys not available due to COVID)
- The Zone, a space for patrons ages 8-12 to work on homework, hang out, and use computers (currently closed due to COVID)
- Topsfield Reverie, a mural painted by David Fichter, which depicts scenes in Topsfield using local landmarks.
Please be aware that the Children’s Room closes 10 minutes before the rest of the library.
Kanopy is a streaming service made just for libraries and universities. All you need is your Topsfield library card, and you can access over 30,000 movies to stream on your phone, computer, or TV! Watch in a browser, or download the free Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast, or Roku.
Comics Plus allows for Topsfield residents to have unlimited, simultaneous access to thousands of digital comics, graphic novels, and manga from a variety of library-friendly publishers — without worrying about holds, wait lists, or monthly limits.
Log in using your library card barcode and PIN!
Need some books for your kids or teens?
Email email@example.com and tell us:
- your child’s age
- their interests
- any notes or comments (Do they like graphic novels? Are you looking for things to read together? Let us know!)
We’ll make up a bag of 5-10 books for you to pick up!
- Unattended Child Policy – Children under nine years of age should be accompanied by an adult while in the library.
- Behavior Policy
- Ebsco’s NoveList K-8+ – keep track of reading & to find new books to read by topic, genre, or readalikes!
- The MGH Clay Center for Youth Healthy Minds – Includes articles, podcasts, and more for parents and guardians, devoted to supporting & promoting the mental, emotional, & behavioral well-being of young people.
- HandHoldMA.org – tips & resources for families designed to help navigate their child’s mental health journey
- CFCE of the North Shore -a locally-based program that provides child development services and resources to families with young children