The Children’s Room offers resources and activities for babies, toddlers, and kids through approximately age 11.
*Please be aware that the Children’s Room closes 10 minutes before the rest of the library.*
In the Children’s Room, you will find:
- books & graphic novels
- DVDs & Blu-Rays
- a baby/toddler play area
- The Zone, a space for patrons ages 8-12 to work on homework, hang out, and use computers
- Topsfield Reverie, a mural painted by David Fichter, which depicts scenes in Topsfield using local landmarks.
Stream video with Kanopy!
Kanopy is a streaming service made just for libraries and universities. All you need is your Topsfield library card, and you can access over 30,000 movies to stream on your phone, computer, or TV! Watch in a browser, or download the free Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast, or Roku.
Looking for something for the kids to watch? Streams from Kanopy Kids are unlimited!
Massachusetts Children’s Book Awards
The Massachusetts Children’s Book Awards (MCBA) “encourages children in the fourth, fifth and sixth grades to read great books. Students are given a list of book titles. Children in grades 4, 5, and 6 are eligible to vote on a winning book if they have read, or have heard read aloud, at least five of the books from the list” (Everything MCBA!).
Thanks to Proctor School’s tireless promotion, these are very popular books! Ask your child if they are reading any of the MCBA selections.
For more information, visit: Everything MCBA! Massachusetts Children’s Book Award.
- Internet Policy – Please be conscious of our computer use rules and internet policy.
- Unattended Child Policy – Please be aware of our rules regarding unattended children. Children under nine years of age should be accompanied by an adult while in the library.
- Behavior Policy – Please be sure that your child is aware of rules regarding behavior at the library, and honors these rules while in the building.
Contact the Children’s Room at email@example.com