The Children’s Room offers resources and activities for babies, toddlers, and kids through approximately age 11.
*Please be aware that the Children’s Room closes 10 minutes before the rest of the library.*
In the Children’s Room, you will find:
- books & graphic novels
- DVDs & Blu-Rays
- a baby/toddler play area
- The Zone, a space for patrons ages 8-12 to work on homework, hang out, and use computers
- Topsfield Reverie, a mural painted by David Fichter, which depicts scenes in Topsfield using local landmarks.
Live and new Virtual Content, plus surprise take-home craft kits, will be posted on our Children’s Room Facebook page! Visit it here: https://www.facebook.com/ttlchildrens
Stream video for free!
Kanopy is a streaming service made just for libraries and universities. All you need is your Topsfield library card, and you can access over 30,000 movies to stream on your phone, computer, or TV! Watch in a browser, or download the free Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast, or Roku.
Looking for something for the kids to watch? Streams from Kanopy Kids are unlimited!
The Just for Kids Streaming Collection for public libraries gives children—and their parents—a thoroughly kid-safe, advertisement-free media platform they can freely explore and enjoy. Just for Kids has the educational videos children want to watch—Sesame Street, The Electric Company, The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, The Berenstain Bears, Franklin, and thousands more—plus songs, games, and other interactives that are sure to entertain, educate, and inspire young patrons.
Library Policies and Links:
- Internet Policy – Please be conscious of our computer use rules and internet policy.
- Unattended Child Policy – Please be aware of our rules regarding unattended children. Children under nine years of age should be accompanied by an adult while in the library.
- Behavior Policy – Please be sure that your child is aware of rules regarding behavior at the library, and honors these rules while in the building.
- Ebsco’s NoveList K-8+ is just like the adult counterpart, NoveList, used to keep track of your reading, and to help find new books to read by topic, genre, or readalikes!
- HandHoldMA.org – provides families with tips & resources designed to help navigate their child’s mental health journey with confidence. The content aimed at families with kids age 6-12 years, was developed by a team of mental health and child development experts as well as family and community partners
Contact the Children’s Room at email@example.com