The activity room may be made available to individuals, groups and organizations for meetings and events that are educational, cultural, non-profit, or civic in nature. Permission will be denied to any individual, group, or organization for any use of the activity room whose purpose is illegal or potentially hazardous, which could interfere with the proper functioning of the Library, or when satisfactory adult sponsorship is not provided. Any Meetings or events are free and open to the public.
Library functions and meetings have priority in the use of the activity room.
- Use of the activity room does not constitute or imply endorsement by the Library of the aims, policies, activities, or points of view expressed by participants. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted. The name and/or address of the Library may not be used as the official address of any individual, group or organization granted permission to use the activity room.
- The Library is not to be used for storage of group materials.
- No tape or tack may be applied to the walls or doors.
- Activities within the activity room shall not disturb Library staff or patrons outside the activity room.
- Maximum capacity of the activity room is 60 persons.
- Only non-alcoholic refreshments may be served. All food must be confined to the activity room.
- The Town of Topsfield, Library, Library staff and Board of Trustees are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- The Library staff has the right to reschedule events that conflict with library-sponsored programs or special events or an unscheduled Library closing.
- No solicitation is allowed.
- Adult sponsors must be present for youth and children’s groups. An appropriate number of adult sponsors (one adult for every 10-15 children) must accompany groups of children of high school age and younger.
- The Board of Trustees and Library Director have the authority to deny the use or withdraw approval of use of the Library to any individual, group or organization that fails to comply with this Policy.
A representative of the individual, group, or organization requesting use of the activity room will assume responsibility for:
- Setting up the activity room, including providing your own equipment and arrangement of chairs, and tables.
- Clean up of the room and returning chairs and tables to the original room configuration.
- Paying (and indemnifying, defending and holding harmless the Library) for any and all damage done to the Library, activity room, Library equipment, chairs or tables, or for any personal injury that may occurs as a result of use of the activity room.
- Using the activity room in adherence to this Policy.
- Activities and meetings must be finished and groups must vacate the building at or prior to closing time.
Activity Room Reservation Forms are available at the Library or can be downloaded from the Library’s website at www.topsfieldlibrary.org. Reservations forms must be submitted at least seven (7) days in advance of the date of proposed use. Reservations for the activity room are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Groups are limited to four (4) bookings per calendar year.