- Tri-Town Transcript – full-text online access (2006-present) via Newsbank. News, photographs, police logs, sports coverage and features about people in the towns of Boxford, Middleton and Topsfield.
A separate Digital Archive is available covering the years 1962-2005.
- Salem News – full-text online access (2008-present) via Newsbank.
- RBdigital Magazines – 62 popular magazines in an easy-to-read format. Download to the RBdigital app or read online. Sign up to be notified when the latest issue is out.
- Overdrive Magazines – 50 popular titles, which can be downloaded to the Overdrive or Libby app.
- America’s News Magazines – 47 titles available as full text (not in flip-through format).
- Gale Databases include The Boston Globe (1980-current), The New York Times (1985-current), and other regional, national and international newspapers. Hundreds of other scholarly and popular journals can be searched and browsed within the Gale collections.
- Ebsco Databases provide similar access to thousands of magazines and journals.
On the Shelves at the Library
- Come in to browse our collection, or check the online catalog.
- Current issues may not be borrowed from the Topsfield Library, but may be available to request from another MVLC library.
- Barron’s (held for 6 months)
- Boston Business Journal
- Boston Globe (held for 3 months)
Full-text online access (1980-present) also available via a state-wide subscription.
- Boston Herald (no longer received in print; call the library for online access)
- Jewish Journal
- New York Times (held for 3 months)
Full-text online access (1985-present) also available via a state-wide subscription.
- Salem News (held for 3 months)
- Tri-Town Transcript (loose papers from 2000-present are held)
- Wall Street Journal (held for 3 months)
View our listing of historical newspapers covering Topsfield and surrounding areas.
Looking for more?