Looking for some ideas of where to get started? Need a suggestion? Seeking your Summer Reading requirements? Look no further!
- Anti-Racist Reading for Kids
- LGBTQIA+ Reads for Kids
- What should I read after Percy Jackson?
- Mystery Books for Kids
- Massachusetts Children’s Book Awards (MCBA) – Students in the 4th, 5th & 6th grades are given a list of book titles & are eligible to vote on the winner. Proctor School strongly promotes the MCBA books!
- Anti-Racist Reading for Teens
- Stranger Things Read-Alikes
- LGBTQ+ Reads releasing in 2020! – Bookriot.com
- The Hunger Games Read-Alikes
- Riverdale Read-Alikes
- Game of Thrones Read-Alikes
Masconomet Middle/High School Summer Reading
- Masconomet 7th Grade Summer Reading
- Masconomet 8th Grade Summer Reading
- Masconomet 9th & 10th Grade Summer Reading
- Masconomet 11th Grade Summer Reading
- Masconomet 12th Grade Summer Reading
- Rich in Color – “Rich in Color is dedicated to reading, reviewing, talking about, and otherwise promoting young adult fiction starring or written by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). We believe that teens should be able to find themselves in the kinds of books they love to read.”
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center – “is a unique and vital gathering place for books, ideas, and expertise in the field of children’s and young adult literature. “
- Association for Library Service to Children – 4 Summer Reading book lists are available for Birth-Preschool and grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8.
- We Need Diverse Books – “Where to find diverse books” from We Need Diverse Books, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Their aim is to help produce and promote literature that reflects and honors the lives of all young people. Their vision is “A world in which all children can see themselves in the pages of a book.”