Looking for a book?
If you can’t find a book in our library, you may find it in the the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC). MVLC is a network of 36 public libraries that share materials. Your library card allows you to request MVLC materials, and have them sent to Topsfield for you to pick up.
When you see an item you want to request, click “Place Hold.” You will be asked to log in with your username and password. Your username is the barcode number on the back of your card. Your password is either the last four digits of your phone number, or the last four digits of your library card number, depending on when you received your card. If you have any trouble logging in, feel free to call us, and we’ll help you out!
Can’t find it in our catalog?
Use the Commonwealth Catalog to extend your search statewide. Make a request and your item will be delivered to Topsfield for pickup. You will be notified via email when your item is ready.
Find your next great read
- eSequels lists series in the order they’re meant to be read. Search by author, title, character, and more.
- NoveList lets you browse by style, mood, genre, and more. Find “read-a-likes,” or books similar to ones you already enjoy. You can also pick a genre and find the latest releases or classics you have yet to read.
- Wowbrary lists all our library’s most recent acquisitions. Looking for something fresh and shiny? Check out what we got in this week!
- Literature Research Center offer biographical information, literary criticism, reviews, and more on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines. If you’re doing research on an author or book, check it out!
Unable to get to the library?
The Topsfield Town Library and the Topsfield Council on Aging work together to offer free delivery of materials to residents unable to visit the Library due to illness, immobility, or age. The library provides the materials and the Council on Aging drivers deliver them to your home.
Is there a book you think we should have?
- If you have a suggestion for something you think the library should purchase, please feel free to email us, and we’ll look into it!