Digital access to the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal
for Topsfield cardholders!
- Chronicle and Transcript (6/6/2019 – present) – text-only access via Newsbank. News, police logs, sports coverage and features from the towns of Boxford, Hamilton, Ipswich, Middleton, Topsfield, and Wenham.
- Tri-Town Transcript (6/2/2006-5/31/2019) – text-only access via Newsbank. The precursor to the Chronicle and Transcript, covering the tri-town area of Boxford, Middleton and Topsfield.
A separate Digital Archive for the Transcript covers the years 1962-2005.
- Salem News (2008-present) – text-only access via Newsbank.
- Boston Globe (1980-present) – text-only ProQuest database. Can be searched by keyword or browsed by date (click on Publications and then select the title to browse).
- Boston Herald – available in full-color flip-through format (2018 – present) or text-only format (1991-present) via Newsbank.
- New York Times – Access to the news site, nytimes.com (does not include crossword or full access to the Cooking sections). Topsfield cardholders redeem an access code, which is good for 24 hours. Users will also need to create their own New York Times account, separate from the access code.
- Wall Street Journal – Full access to wsj.com. Library access codes are good for 3 days. A unique account with email address is required.
- America’s News (Newsbank) – News and information from reliable news sources spanning the U.S., including over 50 local Massachusetts sources. Includes browser-friendly “Hot Topics” and “Special Reports.”
- Overdrive Magazines – Hundreds of popular titles in flip-through format, which can be downloaded to the Overdrive or Libby app. New additions include The Economist and The New Yorker.
Please note: As of December 2020, RBdigital has merged with Overdrive. All magazines that were previously found on RBdigital or the RBdigital app may now be accessed via Overdrive or the Overdrive/Libby app.
- Gale Databases include many regional, national and international newspapers. Hundreds of other scholarly and popular journals can be searched and browsed within the Gale collections.
- Ebsco Databases provide similar access to thousands of magazines and journals.
On the Shelves at the Library
- Come in to browse our collection, or view the latest issues in the online catalog.
- Current and back issues may be borrowed.
(back issues kept for 3 months)
- Banker & Tradesman
- Boston Business Journal
- Boston Globe
- Jewish Journal
- Salem News
- Chronicle and Transcript / Tri-Town Transcript (loose papers from 2000-present are held)
- Wall Street Journal (print subscription is due to run out soon, as of Fall 2021).
View our listing of historical newspapers covering Topsfield and surrounding areas.
- Cabot Growth Investor
- Kiplinger Letter
- Morningstar FundInvestor
- The Outlook (CFRA)
- Value Line Investment Survey (including Small and Mid-cap edition).
Looking for more?
The Boston Public Library has an even more extensive collection of online access to magazines/journals, as well as newspapers and business/investing tools. Most are available to anyone with a BPL ecard.