Residents of Topsfield can apply for a library card at the Topsfield Town Library! You have a couple of different options for applying for a library card:
• In-person at our Circulation Desk. Present proof of Topsfield residency (e.g. Massachusetts Driver’s License or state-issued ID, mail to your address, lease, etc.) and use your card immediately. Don’t have proof of residency yet? You can still check out up to three items on your initial visit, and the card will be mailed to your address.
• Online, by completing the form below! Your new library card will be sent to your address, which serves as your proof of address. Your library account information will be emailed to you.
With a Topsfield Town Library card, you can…
• Reserve discounted passes to local museums.
• Access online databases to research scholarly articles.
• Access genealogical research tools like HeritageQuest and Ancestry.com.
Residents of other towns that participate in the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium should apply for a card at your hometown library; you will be able to borrow here in Topsfield and at all 36 MVLC member libraries. Other visitors should visit our Borrowing Guidelines page for more information on eligibility to borrow. We can issue temporary cards for those without a library card from their hometown who visit our library; you will have thirty days to get a full card from your hometown library.
Online Library Card Application
Looking for more to borrow?
The Boston Public Library has a very extensive collection of online resources, most of which are available to anyone with a BPL ecard. eCards are available to anyone who lives, resides part-time to attend school, owns property, or works in Massachusetts.