1. THE INVESTIGATOR by John Sandford
Letty Davenport, the adopted daughter of Lucas Davenport, looks into oil thefts in Texas.
2. RUN ROSE RUN by Dolly Parton and James Patterson
A singer-songwriter goes to Nashville seeking stardom but is followed by her dark past.
3. SEA OF TRANQUILITY by Emily St. John Mandel
A detective investigating in the wilderness discovers that his actions might affect the timeline of the universe.
4. THE PARIS APARTMENT by Lucy Foley
Jess has suspicions about her half-brother’s neighbors when he goes missing.
5. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BENNETTS by Lisa Scottoline
A brush with members of a drug-trafficking organization ushers a suburban family to go into the witness protection program.
6. THE SACRED BRIDGE by Anne Hillerman
Chee seeks to solve a mystery that eluded Leaphorn decades ago while Manuelito gets into a life-threatening situation.
7. THE MIDNIGHT LIBRARY by Matt Haig
Nora Seed finds a library beyond the edge of the universe that contains books with multiple possibilities of the lives one could have lived.
8. TIME IS A MOTHER by Ocean Vuong
A second collection of poems by the MacArthur fellow and author of “On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous.”
9. THE DIAMOND EYE by Kate Quinn
In 1937 Ukraine, a history student transforms into a hunter of Nazis known as Lady Death and is sent to America on a goodwill tour.
10. LESSONS IN CHEMISTRY by Bonnie Garmus
A scientist and single mother living in California in the 1960s becomes a star on a TV cooking show.
11. FRENCH BRAID by Anne Tyler
The ups and downs of a Baltimore family from the 1950s to the pandemic presents.
12. THE RECOVERY AGENT by Janet Evanovich
When her family’s home is threatened, Gabriela Rose goes with her ex-husband to seek lost treasure in the jungles of Peru.
13. ONE ITALIAN SUMMER by Rebecca Serle
During a summer trip in Italy, Katy’s late mother reappears as a 30-year-old woman.
14. THE LINCOLN HIGHWAY by Amor Towles
Two friends who escaped from a juvenile work farm take Emmett Watson on an unexpected journey to New York City in 1954.
15. THE CANDY HOUSE by Jennifer Egan
In a follow-up to “A Visit From the Goon Squad,” a new technology gives the potential to save and share every memory one has ever had.
1. FREEZING ORDER by Bill Browder
The author of “Red Notice” tells the story of becoming Vladimir Putin’s enemy by uncovering a $230 million tax refund scheme.
2. HELLO, MOLLY by Molly Shannon with Sean Wilsey
The comedic actor shares stories of family tragedy and her years as a star of “Saturday Night Live.”
3. BITTERSWEET by Susan Cain
The author of “Quiet” suggests ways to embrace loss and suffering within ourselves and others.
4. LEFT ON TENTH by Delia Ephron
The author and screenwriter describes losing her sister and husband to cancer, finding love again and receiving a leukemia diagnosis.
5. CRYING IN H MART by Michelle Zauner
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
6. THE STORYTELLER by Dave Grohl
A memoir by the musician known for his work with Foo Fighters and Nirvana.
7. RECESSIONAL by David Mamet
The Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright lambastes liberal politics, cancel culture and other things he finds objectionable.
8. GREENLIGHTS by Matthew McConaughey
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over the last 35 years.
9. THE 1619 PROJECT edited by Nikole Hannah-Jones, Caitlin Roper, Ilena Silverman and Jake Silverstein
Viewing America’s entanglement with slavery and its legacy, in essays adapted and expanded from The New York Times Magazine.
10. LOVE THAT STORY by Jonathan Van Ness
Personal reflections on dealing with challenges and embracing change by the star of “Queer Eye.”
11. STILL JUST A GEEK by Wil Wheaton
The star of “Stand by Me” and “Star Trek: The Next Generation” revisits and updates his 2004 collection of blog posts.
12. FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH by Arthur C. Brooks
The columnist for The Atlantic espouses ways to shift priorities and habits to overcome waning abilities in later life.
13. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? by Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey
An approach to dealing with trauma that shifts an essential question used to investigate it.
14. GROWING UP BIDEN by Valerie Biden Owens
The memoir by the younger sister and longtime campaign manager of President Biden.
15. WILL by Will Smith with Mark Manson
The actor, producer and musician tells his life story and lessons he learned along the way.